flags

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

zucchini + carrot muffins



I saw these on pinterest so I thought I'd give them a try. Ivy loves to sprinkle them with sanding sugar, and I throw in some flaxseed to balance it out :)  Her and Eli love these so that makes me happy. They are good, and of course freeze well. Sorry about the weird fonts -- I was too lazy to re-type it :)

Ingredients:

  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
  • 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot

Preparation:

Grease and flour 12 muffin cups. Heat oven to 375°.
In a mixing bowl, beat the oil with eggs, sugars, and vanilla extract.
Combine the flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to the wet ingredients; stirring until blended. Fold in the shredded zucchini and carrots.
Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or granulated sugar, if desired. Bake for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

gen said...

Where's eli's birthday post?

chaiss said...

My comp is in the shop! :/