flags

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

chunky monkey cookies


I named these after the Ben & Jerry's ice cream because we recently had some (for the first time) and it was so good!!! I know I'm at least a decade behind on this, but I think it's a new favorite. Having a craving for all things banana this time around might have something to do with it. Anyway, while we were eating it, I told Kevin I wanted to make a cookie version because we were loving it so much! I was going to just make one up, but then found the perfect one online. It is from a cute food blog called 101 cookbooks, and they are known there as Banana Chip Cookies.

Also, this recipe is a really good basic dough if you want to swap out the banana chips or nuts for your favorite things.... pecans, coconut, peanut butter chips, etc. or just keep it simple with chocolate chips.

Recipe: click HERE.
(note: I only used plain white flour + brown sugar.)

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Sydney and Deming said...

Let's see here..."this time around" ....are you saying what I think you're saying?!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fill me in girl!