flags

Saturday, September 25, 2010

spicy pumpkin seeds

I made a pot of soup yesterday
It wasn’t very good.
I read the recipe all the way
And followed it as I should.


I chopped fresh ginger, squash and garlic too
And boiled it nice and hot
But by the time that it was through
It didn’t hit the spot.


Oh well, I said. And threw it out
I didn’t save one drop
Cause we all know that soup is about

The stuff that goes on top!

from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp fresh lime juice

toss ingredients together and bake on a rimmed pan for 10 minutes at 350 until puffed and browned. is meant to be sprinkled over butternut squash soup, if you can find a good recipe! but delicious just for snacking too :)

enjoy!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yum!!! I will be trying some of that for sure. The bug is adorable. She has grown so much since her birthday:) Take care sweet fam xoxo