flags

Monday, September 27, 2010

a little walk/a mother's quick lament



Ivy hates to stroll. She always has. I started at an early age, and have tried all types of strollers. It’s no use. Every now and then I can bribe her with bottles and toys and snacks and will get a good 5 minutes, but I can never count on it. It’s really too bad. Seriously, too bad. I’ve been a little envious here when I see another “mum” strolling her big baby in a “pushchair”. Oh how I wish it were that easy for me! Can you imagine all the places we could go? And how quickly we could get around?

But of course I would rather have my Ivy- and all that makes her her- than any big, stroller-happy Scottish baby any day. And even though her learning to walk certainly hasn’t helped the situation, since she now wants to explore on her own two feet, it has been so fun watching her waddle around in her boots. I promise you, she takes on a whole new personality when she has those things on.

So we compromise. (Don’t judge me). I let her walk some, she let’s me stroll some, and somehow, by the grace of God, it always works out.

PS- Why are the babies here so big?
PPS- I don’t think any of them can walk yet. ;)

2 comments:

lkbrock@gmail said...

my bug in boots! so so cute

LaJuanna said...

That is the cutest thing ever!! Miss you all!