flags

Friday, July 15, 2011

morning smoothie

all of these were everyday food inspired -
don't think any of them follow the recipe exactly.
they're just the way i make them.



1 - everyday smoothie
cup of strawberries & bananas (i use frozen)
oj (enough to cover)
old fashioned oats (a big spoonful. supposedly, this keeps you full longer)
honey (a good squeeze)
ice
blend til smooth.

2 - pineapple banana smoothie
1 can crushed pineapple (8 ounces)
banana
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
ice
blend til smooth. sprinkle with nutmeg.

3- chocolate banana smoothie
1 pack carnation chocolate instant breakfast (love this when i'm pregnant. turns out my mother-in-law did too... weird)
banana
milk (1/2 cup)
ice
blend til smooth.

4-blueberry parfait smoothie
cup of blueberries
cup of ice
1/2 cup yogurt (i use vanilla)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oj
spoonful of honey
blend til smooth. top with granola.

these all serve 1 1/2 :)
enjoy!

ps. my mother-in-law has the cutest napkins!

2 comments:

Sydney and Deming said...

I can't wait to try these! I've been meaning to start making smoothies and this just pushed me over the edge:) P.S. Ivy is sooooo cute and I love that blond hair and beautiful eyes. When I show Deming updates of your family - he thinks she looks just like you and I do too! However, I see some Kevin in there too!

Andrew & Kendall said...

YUM! Going to make one of these soon!