flags

Monday, July 19, 2010

a cooking lesson with mrs. heare

Last night, on a rainy Sunday evening, I packed up my daughter, camera and notepad and visited my dear friend Emily and her ever so sweet mother, Mrs. Heare- who promised me long ago that she'd teach me to make Chicken & Dumplings. I was very excited about this because
a) I have been waiting a long time to learn this beloved southern dish and
b) It wasn't being taught by any ol' lady (or book for that matter). I was getting a lesson from the truest southern lady I know- in every good sense of the word.
What a treat!








For the record, it was really, really, (I mean really) good. They sent me home with leftovers which Mom, Gen and I quickly took care of (that same night).
Thanks Heares!!!

2 comments:

Sydney and Deming said...

That looks DELICIOUS! I WILL be making this! Thanks for the post:)

LaJuanna said...

Your Mom and I were just talking about chicken and dumplings! They are a favorite of mine. I am a cook and my Mom made the best but I have never mastered this and frankly given up! I will have to try these. Thanks!!